On Monday afternoon, we arrived at my parents' house because we had a tax appointment in Atlanta the next day. That evening, we impulsively decided to go to the Cherry Blossom festival, which has a lot of fair rides. Luke and Anna had never ridden any type of fair rides, and though Anna was too small for almost all of them, Luke had a blast.
Here's Luke at the pony ride that Mama, ahem, got to enjoy as well:). Despite the fact that Luke has ridden a pony before, he freaked at the idea of being placed on one that was already moving. So the guide instructed ME to get on...and then he loved it.
Getting in to his first, and favorite, ride, the boats. He rode this three or four times before the night was over.
Here is Luke on his first "roller coaster." Before the ride started, the little girls in front turned around to make friends, and the four kids chatted about who-knows-what as I watched from a distance. I had a brief flash of Luke at 15 at an amusement park on some group trip away from us, flirting with strangers, and I got a little dizzy myself:). Gaga instructed him firmly to hold on tight, and that he did. Even when chatting before the ride, he never took his hands off the bar! He said it was a lot of fun afterwards, though that night in bed with Gaga, he gave a slightly different version (and keep in mind that he pronounces his R's like W's, making it so much cuter:
"Gaga, those girls were screaming sooooo much." He went on to say, "And I screamed like the girls twice."
Gaga said, "You did."
Luke: "Yep. I screamed like this." [And he demonstrated.]
Gaga: "You did?"
Luke [holding up two fingers]: "Two times. Because it was scarrry." So cute. By the end, Anna was just tuckered out. It was way past her bedtime!
No comments:
Post a Comment